6.15.2015

tiny reminder, new beginning

It was over a year and a half ago that my beloved bun Moe Skeeto passed away. He was such a great companion, a true little joker and all around funny bunny. For the first few weeks after he passed, I was inconsolable. Every time I went up to the 3rd floor (his gigantic playroom and living area) I felt sad, and I eventually just began avoiding the space. Gradually the feelings of hurt were replaced by happy reminders and fond memories, but it took quite sometime. After my exams were finished in May, I decided to paint a little tribute to him in our garden. There is a large, flat rock surrounded by irises,  and I thought it would be the perfect place to paint his picture. I sketched his image, and used generic acrylics to paint his likeness. It's not perfect, but then again, who or what is? Tiger, our cat, wasn't his best friend, but I knew they had some sort of fuzzy connection. In the nice weather, she goes outside and rests right near his picture. It gives me the fuzzies, too.



In time, the heart can learn to love again. After about a year, I thought about adopting a new little one. After all, everybunny deserves a forever home, right? After school was finally finished, after I finally finished all of my board exams, and after we FINALLY went on vacation! the time was right. I took a trip to the SPCA, and indeed, they had fuzzy ones that needed a home. A small, black female rabbit. No name. Nowhere to go. So I went home, setup her room, went back and brought her home. It was immediately apparent that she was in fact a he. Ms. Toot C. Roll became Mr. Toot C. Roll. He is so different from Moe, yet so the same. It goes without saying that you can never replace a lost love one. But you can learn to love another!