2.21.2012

addicted to the sew.

As I sat down last night at my crafting table after my gym excursion and subsequent long shower, I began to think about the scrap fabric I had hidden in a shoe box in my closet. I literally have hundreds of six inch strips left over from my string quilt-top, and it seemed like such a shame to keep them cooped up in there. I pulled the box out, selected some random strips and began playing with different combinations, colors and patterns.

I don't know how it happened, or if I was even conscious while doing it... but one thing led to another, and I made four new wine bags. I just started sewing one little scrap to another little scrap, and before you know it, WHAM! I'm hot-gluing tiny ties onto the fronts of four new bags. I adore the way they turned out. It took me almost four hours to make them, which is about the time it takes me to make ten bags out of one solid piece of fabric. But the results speak for themselves: It looks like wine bags on LSD. Or the work of a crazy woman obsessed with her sewing machine. 

I think I may have a sewing problem. The first step to acceptance is admitting you have a problem, right?