2.14.2012

be mine?

The one thing I do not like to do is to buy store-bought greeting cards. That sounds repetitive... buy store-bought? You know what I mean. Moving along!

Valentine's Day isn't a holiday that I readily celebrate. It seems awkwardly awkward to dedicate one day out of the year where you NEED to go above and beyond, and spend your hard-earned money on things that the television says your significant would LOVELOVELOVE.  I'd rather celebrate my love everyday. Well, everyday that he's nice to me, and/or makes me French toast. Are you reading this Lou?  FRENCH TOAST. I KNOW YOU ARE READING THISPS, HAPPY VALENTINES DAY. ... can I have some French Toast?

But alas, the holiday and my inability to successfully pick out a card from aisle 5 in CVS gives me a great excuse to craft a card for my Valentine. I made this one out of card stock, a color sampler that I saved from the Home Depot, and letters I cut out from a magazine. If you're going to make a card for your Valentine today (or for a birthday, wedding, Bar or Bat Mitzvah!) don't forget to personalize it! 




Nothing says I LOVE YOU like creepliy cut out letters from a magazine.