9.28.2011

decisions, decisions.


I've been aimlessly flipping through quilting books and magazines for the past couple days searching for some sort of quilt design that looks feasible for me to accomplish.  After all, this is my first attempt at an entire blanket.  I finally came across one last night while I was half asleep. I confirmed my find this morning when I was slightly more awake, but before my first cup of coffee.  After my second cup of coffee, I reconfirmed how awesome my decision was, and started planning my trip to JoAnne Fabrics.  Behold, the string quilt from Sew Quick Scrap Quilts.
Looks easy enough...right...? ...Right?!  No, people that are reading this (unless you're a master quilter with robot hands); this does not look easy.  But it looks like fun, and it certainly looks like something I can accomplish. Especially because there are no real straight lines other than the muslin blocks that I have to sew.  The scrap fabric can be any width I feel like, thank you very much.

Oh, and if you didn't guess this before: I'm finished with stained glass for now.  Making that light box seemed as fun as hitting myself in the face with a raw chicken.  That's one FAIL I can be proud of.