9.19.2011

fall is in the air. art is all around.

So it's true, I've temporarily fallen off of the crafting wagon.  Although I'm not going through withdraw.  Other exciting things have been happening, all of which have been breathing new life into my soul.  Gawd, that sounded cliché. Let's start with Friday, shall we?  

HomeSkooled Gallery hosted a remarkable show at PhilaMOCA.  The Art Anti-Gallery exhibit allowed visitors to participate in the exhibit, which is a far cry from "the usual" art exhibit which can sometimes come across as stuffy and strict.  I posed as a Greek Frisbee sculpture, helped sculpt another figure out of clay, played with sounds, created my own rules, made my own art to hang in frames, ate chocolate covered doodles, and made my own gallery sandwich.  It was a fantastic night, and I think everyone would agree that we're all looking forward to whatever HomeSkooled Gallery does next!
Here's some pics from the night.

I spent Saturday and Sunday outside, and it was desperately needed!  The air was chilly and crisp, the sky was dotted with clouds and starts, and the sound of a crackling fire was barely audible though everyone's laughing.  Sleeping was amazing.  I woke up refreshed... and cold!  The day was spent hiking, biking, and watching downhill mountain bikers speed through a custom course.  Kudos to the past couple of days.  Even though they were not filled with me making my own pieces of art work, it was filled with art of a different kind: LIFE!