9.22.2011

hot yoga, you're hot

Recently, I tried out hot yoga and MAN IS IT HOT.  And really enjoyable, too!  This is coming from a person who hasn't even taken a "normal" yoga class.  I just have yoga DVD's that I got from the sale rack at TJMaxx a couple years ago.  HAH.  Being in a class is totally different.  You can't turn off the yoga instructor when you're spaghetti is done like you can with a DVD.  And you can't fast forward him to "child's pose" when you're too tired. I wish I could compare the hot yoga to regular yoga, but alas I cannot.  Alls I can say is that:
I concentrate on my breathing and my posture.
It is so hot that I sweat more than I ever sweated in my entire life.
It gives me crazy amounts of energy after class, and the next day.
It makes my soul feel good.
It's as hot as a _______________ in there.  You can fill in your own blank.  Mine is too vulgar.

It's amazing how much different yoga is from traditional exercise. It's inspiring to see so many individuals that benefit from it, you know?  Maybe after my two weeks are up (I got a two week pass for cheap, yo) I'll sign up for some more classes.  Looks like my interests have shifted from food, to crafts, to yoga?!  This leaves much to be explored.