9.02.2011

delays? but it ain't m'fault!

Great news!  After much deliberation, and many broken-slash-failed pieces of stained glass, I decided to slightly reconfigure my design.  My main purpose for doing this?  The blue glass is still on back order.  For me to complete my piece without more delays, I figured I'd have to push forward at some point and work with what I have.  Here's what I ended up with...
Ta-daaaaaaaa! Here it is. I still love the flow of the design, even though it's slightly different from my original sketch.  And not all of the dark pieces above are black: Most are the transparent purple/magenta color.  I'm hoping that when it's back-lit, the colors will really shine.

Onto my little subject title about delays.  I noticed today that I don't have enough copper foil to complete my goal by this Sunday.  Faaaaaaaaaaaaail.  As soon as I realized that, I ordered more 1/4" 1mm foil from Warner Stained Glass.  Alas, it's a Friday before a holiday weekend.  I sincerely doubt that I'll start foiling again until maybe Tuesday.  I made great progress today though!