9.13.2011

where d'crows at?

I thought I'd divert a little from the posts that I was posting to post something different.  (That's right.)  Many if not all of my latest posts were dealing with goals and deadlines pertaining to artwork.  Which differs slightly from the main reason why I started this blog: Which was to document the things that spark my imagination and inspire me to create artwork and to be productive.  The two aren't completely different to be honest.  The inspiration and the drive are needed to create, and the goal is the completion of the task...correct?

That thought came across me this morning.  I left for work an hour earlier than I usually do, and was delighted by the cool, almost fall-like air.  The crickets were still chirping, and I could hear crows in the distance.  That's one thing I miss about living in a suburban area (not that where I live isn't suburban... it's more suburban than city, but I haven't heard a crow in YEARS.)  I wonder if you can buy crows to import to your town?  I google'd it, but the only thing I found was the American Society of Crows and Ravens. I couldn't find an answer in the FAQ section.

As much as I love being inside and being crafty, I think this is a good sign that fall will be the season that I spend outdoors.  I want to spend more time in nature and just listen to what the world has to say.