1.09.2012

glüvs: sicky pants, part duex.

There's only one benefit to not feeling well.  Actually... there are two: Unlimited amounts of ginger ale, and craft projects that take minimal amounts of effort.  Every winter, I stock up on gloves (pronounced glüvs) because I seem to frequently misplace them.  On Friday, I almost threw my pair of glüvs in the garbage at work.  I blame this on being discombobulated, thanks to the never ending cold/flu I'm enduring.

Yesterday I decided that it was finally time to tailor the stock of glüvs that I have.  Why, you may ask, do I have to tailor glüvs?  Because, person that is asking the question, I only have 9 fingers.  But, you probably already know me, so you already knew that.  Here's how I fix the glüvs.  

modeling whilst sickypants.  bright lights and lipstick do wonders.
completed project! all 36 digits seem happy.
First, I turn the left glüv inside out.  I sew a straight line from the index finger down to the base of the glüv, basically cutting off the thumb.  This gets rid of the pesky extra digit.  Next, I try the glüv on (inside out) and use a fabric safe pen to mark where my fingers hit on each digit.  I sew a contoured line to the shape of my finger on each digit of the glüv, and snip off the extra fabric.  I turn it right side out, and TA-DA! Custom pair of glüvs!!  It's super easy, and I love having glüvs that fit properly.  You may wonder why I don't just wear mittens to conveniently hide that fact that I have a small physical anomaly?  I have two answers.  1: Mittens make my hands sweaty.  2: Why should I?