1.08.2012

sicky pants projects.

Since Tuesday, I've been battling the dreaded post-New Years cold.  You know, the one where friends ask you to sample their different beers, and you nonchalantly comply.  I tried to pretend that I was winning the battle with the cold on Tuesday and Wednesday, but Thursday through Saturday, my body was all like NO.  Yesterday, in between taking naps and drinking tea, I completed a little craft project. 

Back story! Since Lou and I have started traveling, we've always manage to pick up different coffees from wherever we go.  About a year ago, I framed the collection of bags in picture frames that I got from Ikea.  You know, those ones that you get 3 for like a dollar and they're name is Jguurgnsflarvun. I sanded and stained them, inserted the trimmed bags and hung them up on the wall underneath the shelf Lou made.  It looked OK, but the stain was way lighter than the shelf.  It just bothered me.  Flash forward to Saturday!

I gave the frames a facelift by gluing the extra mosaic tiles from the back splash onto them.  It took awhile (since my mind was drifting here and there, and I frequently got uncomfortable and took more Tylenol Severe Cold and Flu), but by the time I was finished, we had a brand new set of frames!  Cost: NOTHING!  That's the best part!
Yes, there's a Starbucks in there. I traveled down the street to get it.