10.28.2012

poofballs and flurricanes.


I really wanted to get outside and do some yard work yesterday, partially because of the upcoming Frankenf***er mega-douche storm, but mostly because I wanted soak up nature and spend some time in the yard.

In addition to raking up oodles of leaves, another important thing I wanted to do was to cut back the MASSIVE butterfly bush we have on the right side of the yard. We literally cut it down to a stump TWICE in the past year. But it's a beast, and it's all like YOU CAN'T HOLD ME BACK MUTHAF***ER! I GROW WHENS I WANTS! I was knee deep in lopping off branches when I had a yard work epiphany: The branches were the exact thickness I would need to finish my poof flowers! YARD WORK WIN!

Instead of hacking all the branches to bits, I removed all the greenery and cut them down to to sizes between 6-10". Last night with pumpkin beer and corn puffs in hand, I plugged in the ol' glue gun and went to town on the poofs. And yes, I stayed in on Saturday night like a looser. But after running around for weeks, it was a welcome break to spend a night in.


This morning when I woke up, I came downstairs and saw my awesome poof flowers on the kitchen table... and then looked outside and realized that my sparkling clean patio was now covered once again in wet heavy leaves. Yard work fail? Nah, not at all. I still spent a gloriously cloudy afternoon listening to music and spending time outside. That's always a win! The tree is laughing at me though.