2.15.2012

make it look sorta professional, or something

The one thing that I've never really mastered is woodwork. As careful as I always am with measurements, I seem to lack a certain-something when it comes to finessing angles together into something that doesn't look like a woodworking acid trip.

That's where I enlist the boyfriend to help me. I needed to make a frame for the Time to Eat? painting I completed last weekend. The painting itself wouldn't hang over the phone jack, so I needed to make a frame that would give it extra length and depth. Since Lou has scrap wood, a better eye, and a compound miter saw, he was the natural choice to ask for help. He was willing and able, which made my pleas for help less pathetic.

We found a really old piece of wood, full of character, that was just big enough to cut four equal pieces to make up the frame. A couple 45 degree angles, wood glue and a band clamp set up the frame, and the piece was complete! Since the phone jack is finally covered, I don't have to constantly remind myself about how I can't use my phone purse.