7.16.2012

when the cat's away, the mouse will organize

It's no secret that I like organization. Lou jokes around that I am ze German because I love ze oerdaa (order) and following ze ruules. So on Saturday I decided to tackle a project that I long put off.

Organizing the spice cabinet.

Now, I know it sounds lame. But I had so much friggin' fun. You know why? CAUSE I LABELED EVERYTHING. I can't take total credit for the idea, though. The jars and labels were a hand-me-down from my Mom. Who also loves oerdaa. Ve arrr ze o-pit-o-mee of oerrganizaachun. She lent me her P-Touch label maker to add spices that she didn't have, and I went to motha-f'in TOWN on those jars.

I pulled up a nice section of carpet in front of the television, which was blaring episodes of renovation awesomeness and cooking awesomeness, and started the spice transfer. Do you know I had three things of dill? And three things of cinnamon?! WHY?! I also found bouillon cubes that expired before Lou and I started dating. Grossness.


Boyfriend Future Husband isn't totally thrilled because none of the spices have shaker tops. Possible fail, but maybe I can make a special spice shaker spoon?