8.29.2012

B2B: bike to baby, not to beer.

I'm disappointed that my posts have been few and far between this summer. I think I've been productive, but I guess I haven't been putting it in words. I wanted to share the results of the box I was making.  You know, the kinda-secret but not-so-secret project. Results!


So the kinda-secret project was a box to hold cards for a surprise baby shower we went to this past Sunday for two fellow bike to beer ... bikers. Bike to beer bikers? Sounds redundant, but whatevs. And I crossed out surprise because future-husband spilled the beans the night before the shower, exclaiming to her, "yeah, I'll see you at your shower tomorrow!" D'OH. Needless to say, the surprise wasn't such a surprise, but the party was totally awesome. I must take notes from fellow crafter and party throwers Amie and Kara, because they rocks my party throwing socks. Onward!

So the concept came from the PMBA B2B sticker. You earn your sticker by riding your bike to get some beers. Good times! Hmmm... but then I was thinking: Is it inappropriate to put the B2B sticker logo on a card box, knowing that the recipient has been unable to drink beer for the past 8 months? Yes, for a beer lover that would be a certain slap. So I decided to do a different B2B logo: Bike to Baby instead. I think it came out nicely. After the stain dried, I did a light sanding to remove rough patches. I painted the inside green, then painted on some bold black silhouettes. I finished it off with a quick clear coat, and brought it to the shower on Sunday. All in all, a nice little project to do!!