3.31.2016

welcome to here.

My front porch was looking a little sad recently. The three small Christmas trees bushes I planted back in December were LONG DEAD.  Like, if anyone had a match close to that porch, we'd have burned the house down. I had a pair of skis zip tied to the railing, and the light bulb in the front light fixture blew out. And I had a Christmas wreath still up. A Christmas wreath.

It was time for a change. I'm pinching pennies a little recently. I ended up quitting my job, and now I'm working part time at various places. While I absolutely LOVE IT, I still have to be wary of my spending. Especially since I just blew a ton of the money I didn't have on a family vacation. Which brings me to my latest craft to spruce shit up: DIY spring wreath making.

For my cheap supplies, I visited the local Dollar Tree. Seriously folks, if you need wreath supplies, don't go to JoAnn or Michael's, or even AC Moore. (I love those stores though, don't be mad at me craft stores, I'm only trying to create things cheaply.) I found a bird and some fake flowers, all for the staggering price of $2.16. (Philly tax, ya'll.) At home, I had a bunch of yarn left over from my Poofball Flowers and some Scrabble letters from who the f*%$ knows where. I found some foam in the basement. Plus I had wine. All of these things are magical. Here's what choo doo.

Step 1: Cut a wreath out of foam.
Step 2: Wrap the foam in yarn. This takes a while, so pour the wine and put Portlandia on Netflix. When you run out of that color, just keep going with another one because who cares?
Step 3: Adorn your wreath with cheap flowers, a bird, and Scrabble letters.
Step 4: Hang your wreath and marvel at the awesomeness it is.