2.08.2013

ERM ERLMAHST FERNERSHERD MAH QERLT

Translation: I'm almost finished my quilt! Side note here: Since my purchase of my ERMAGERD! embroidery from Etsy, I've been kinda obsessed with TERLKIN LERK THERS. I literally can't help it since it's one of the only things keeping me in the sane department. FERGERV MAH.

SO! I've been one busy beaver the past couple of weeks... that sounded odd, but I'm going to keep it in the blog anyways because I can't think of anything better to say. Here's some good news. I finished quilting the rows and columns of my quilt! As you might remember I was in the midst of machine quilting about three weeks ago. Luckily, I finished and it went as well as I expected it to. Holla!

My next set of instructions kinda baffled me. I had to cut a 36" square of the backer fabric, cut it in a diagonal, restitch it together, press it flat, measure bands 2.5" wide, match up the lines of the bands, sew the piece into a tube, then cut one continuous band out of the fabric. WHERT DA FERCK you say? Yes, indeed. It took me a long time to be confident enough in myself to even attempt it. But, I took my time, and when I was I finished, I had a 2.5" band of fabric that was about 354" long. You read that right. Three hundred and fifty-four inches long. THRER HERNDRERD ERND FERFTERFER ERNCHERS LERNG.

From there, I pressed the band lengthwise (wrong sides together) and wrapped it neatly around a roll of duct tape... just so it wouldn't get all un-pressed and funky. Yesterday, I grew a set and said "You know what?! I'm going to attach the binding tonight!!" WHY NOT?! It's not like I have anything else going on! SARCASM TO THE EXTREME.

So. I went for it. And by 11:30pm, I had the band of binding machine stitched around the entire perimeter of the quilt. I cut off the excess fabric and pressed the seams open. The only thing left for me to do is hand stitch the open seam closed to the backing fabric, and to attach a piece of fabric with my signature on it. Ah bliss. I can't believe it's almost done!