2.18.2013

obligatory wedding craft DIY post, part 1

Yes, I know I said that this wasn't going to become a wedding blog, and I promise that it still won't. I'm not going to get all omg look at these wedding favors (ERMAHGERD LERK ERT THERS WERDIN FERVERS!!) up in here. But there have been so many crafts that we're doing for WDay, that it would be impossible to ignore all the fun we've been having. We're literally crafting our poof balls off.

You may remember a while back I was making a ton of yarn poof-ball flowers in anticipation of using them for as my wedding flower boquet. Well... the idea was ultimately vetoed, so I decided to just use them as decoration instead. Luckily, back in November whilst on a Pocono hike, I found A TON of discarded bottles in the woods. There must have been hundreds of them. So, like any good  hoarder environmental enthusiast, I loaded up those gross, mud caked bottles into the car and carted them home. After giving them a good soaking and shining them up with Windex, they looked like brand new. AAAAAAAAAAND I had the perfect vessels for my poof flowers! Some bottles still had gook and goobers inside, so I cleverly wrapped twine around those sections, disguising the grossness.

That was my Saturday project. I had to make a couple more poof flowers, so it took me a little while to get all 15 of the bottles done.

On Sunday, I made the 'guest book'. And by 'guest book' I mean, matted picture frame. When it comes to guest books, there's about a zero percent chance that I'll ever sit down to peruse a guest book. We framed up an 8x10 picture that we took in front of the Golden Gate Bridge with a 16x20 mat. I used some old Scrabble letters, some wire and decorative beads to label it as the 'guest book'. Not too bad for a couple hours of crafty work! Tomorrow I'll post about the place card dilemma and solution.