6.11.2012

birthdays

I've always enjoyed making birthday cards. I thought I'd share the one I made for my sister this past week.  Since her and her husband (and baby to be... and kitties) will be moving onto greener pastures soon, I decided not to get her a big birthday gift that she'd have to pack and unpack within the next week. LAME. That's rule #1 of moving. Do not give people more shit that they'll have to pack. Because it might end up at the Salvation Army by Tuesday.

I decided to get her gift cards instead. Which is something I normally try to avoid, but this way if they need any decorations, then they can jet over to Home Goods.. or if they need any paint or repair items for their new digs, then they can go to Lowes or the Depot. Instead of buying a little gift card holder, I decided to attach little pockets into the card. Five tiny little fasteners secure it to the card, and then I adorned it with stars n' such. I think she liked it. I certainly enjoyed making it!



I should have taken pictures of the chocolate cupcakes I made. ... but we ate them all. Here's a visual. It looked like a 5 year old made them. A slightly professional 5 year old.