6.05.2012

did I ever share..?

I don't think I ever really posted any pictures of my work from college. Here is my largest bark and latex figure that I entitled Unnoticed. I love this piece. I had an interested buyer after my senior thesis show, but they wanted me to crate it and ship it to Texas. That never happened, which I don't mind.

Here are two smaller ones that I did earlier this year. I made two small relief sculptures out of plasticine and embedded the tree bark texture into it. Then I made a plaster mold so I could cast multiples in latex. Once several layers of latex are brushed into the mold, I peel it out and adhere each one to a piece of tree bark. Then I start to build up colors, all attempting to camouflage the latex figure into the background. More colors always equal more depth.
I was obsessed with the shape of these figures for a long time... it's a female torso from the collarbones down to the hips and pubic bone. Each one is a little different. Just like everyone, I guess.