6.21.2012

redonk.

Warning: Complaining in 3...2...1...

I've been having a hard time working on my own art lately because of the ridiculous amount of time I've been spending slaving for working for MRAC. I had no idea that an unpaid volunteer position could consume so much time and energy. It's redonk. Between meetings, typing, retyping, editing, Facebook posting, managing a "simple" Gmail calendar, responding to endless condescending emails, and attending weekly meetings, etc... I've been giving between 5-15 hours per week of my personal time over to them. Time that I'd like to be creating my own art, thank you very much. It seems like I'm doing a whole'lotta work so other people can have time to work on their art and hang in the monthly shows. I'm all for furthering the center so community members can participate and enjoy, but at some point I have to draw a line.

I'm keeping my promise to myself: I'm giving myself until August to see things change there. And change for the better. If not, I'm out. I've got a life, too you know.

UPDATE ON 7/13/12: I QUIT.