8.01.2011

hazy, lazy summer days.

My weekend was anything but lazy!  It certainly was hazy and quite hot, but I made the best of my time and continued to be productive.  I found a lot of inspiring things this weekend, so let me dive right into it.

I finished up the fronts and the backs of the tie purses, minus the 1/8" stitching that I need to do around the edging.  I'm getting close to my goal of finishing both purses by Wednesday! It feels really good to set a goal, and it feels even better when I think about completing a task I set out to do.  Productivity:1 Laziness: 0. 

Saturday morning was spent volunteering at Art/GAGE.  The event was great: Interesting vendors selling handmade items, wonderful live music and familiar faces that I remembered from HomeSkooled Gallery openings.  There were so many things that sparked my interest during the day.  One in particular was Coalition Ingenu ( www.coalitioningenu.com ) Two people commented about how much they liked my tie purse.  One of them wants to buy one!  She asked me "Why didn't you sign up for a booth here?"  Good question!  Looks like now was a good time to start sewing again, ay?  Maybe a new long term goal is to get a booth next year and sell my purses! 

Saturday night I was helping Lauren with her mural downtown.  She's done an amazing job: Check out the details on the audience so far!  We started on the bricks... but my sponging technique for the bricks was a FAIL.  But, it turned out much much better when we taped off the grout lines and painted the bricks.  Lesson learned: Don't get discouraged when something you try doesn't work.  There is always another solution, and it could work out better than you planned! 
The rest of my weekend, both Saturday post-muraling and Sunday was spent with great friends and filled with interesting conversations.  I think that those times were the most inspiring moments in my weekend.  Being lucky enough to create art and ponder inspiring moments is one thing, but aren't we lucky that we can share them with friends?