8.08.2011

oh, so that's what it was.

OK, so I figured out that my mind wasn't a jumble of projects on Saturday.  It was just a jumble of negative feelings that I needed to sort out, all of which I will not post here.  This is an art blog, not a "lemme bitch about this" blog!  Despite my lack of motivation and my attempt to watch as much TV as possible, I did manage to get work done on the sign.  Actually, I got a lot done.  I started by sanding it down, then staining it a light pine color.  Since the design has a 3" border around the edges, I taped it off and painted it a light yellow.  Once everything dried, I hauled the two pieces back inside and started drawing the triangular design. The design isn't something I made up completely... the company that will be selling the hot sauce has this design on their website.  I thought I'd try to tie everything together, ya know?

the top 1/2 of the sign w/pattern
I only managed to get the pattern down and painted in on one side of the sign, which you can see here to the left.  The two bigger squares in the corner will have the same colors as the company's logo. 


I printed out the text that I'll be using, as well as the logo.  So now all there is to do is repeat the design on the second half of the panel, hinge it together, sketch the text and paint it in.  Today is the 8th, so I have a couple days until my August 15th deadline.  I think I can do it.