3.27.2012

don't like.

Yesterday I decided that I would finally do it. I gathered my supplies: the quilt, thread, needles, and a big ol' hoop, sat down on the couch and started to quilt the quilt.

Truth be told... here comes the complaining in 3...2...1...
I don't like hand quilting.
I don't like it one bit.
I poked myself with the needle, and the needle went in FAR. I almost bled out. not really...
And I only hand quilted about six inches.
I have 7,225 total inches to quilt.
I quickly became discouraged and turned on Intervention to make myself feel better.

So. What to do now?
Turns out that my sewing machine gets through all three layers quite nicely. And fast. Without all the pokes. My machine quilted 170 inches of quilt in the time it took me to do six by hand.

IN THE BATTLE OF HAND VERSUS MACHINE....

MACHINE WINS.