3.19.2012

weekend update, with Norm MacDonald

No, no Norm here. Just me. But this post should promise to be just as random and confused as his updates used to be. Remember how I was saying "Ohhh, it's going to drizzle fo'rizzle outside today, which means I'm going to craft!" this past Friday?  Well, unbeknownst to me, the weather perked up. Which meant that I didn't do a lick'a quilting that night. Instead, I downed wine and Marchiano's with awesome friends around a fire on our patio, relaxing the night away. Socializing: 1. Crafting: 0

I had better luck crafting over the rest of the weekend, which makes me think that I might (MIGHT) be able to craft in the nice weather... I repainted a birdhouse in bright tropical colors outside and hung it up in the yard. Maybe if I'm lucky I'll get little birdy inhabitants. I also sewed three more wine bags, and cut out all the glass for window #1! Pictures of that will be coming soon! Not too bad for someone who was previously unproductive in 60+ degree weather. Weather: 1. Me: ... 1? Everything: 1. That's better.

Which leads me to one thing that's been bothering me: About two weeks ago, I bought clay so I could start working on my tree bark sculpture. And I CAN'T FIND IT ANYWHERE. This is a common Jill-Problem, since I can't seem to put anything back where it really belongs. I'm hoping I didn't accidentally throw it out when I was cleaning my crafty space... Clay: 1. Jill: 0.