3.22.2012

a three hour nap.

Yesterday I mentioned that my goal was to "try to accomplish as much as I can". If by that I meant, go home and take a 3 hour nap THEN I DOMINATED MY GOAL. But it wasn't my goal, alas. I still dominated the s*** outta that nap, though. It was so worth it. I woke up with a craft vengeance, and a hunger for sausage and stuffed peppers.

I didn't manage to accomplish much after sausagefest, but I made the most of my time after my significant nappage. I dissected a seat cushion from one of the barstools outside so I could made a template for the new bright yellow upholstery fabric I purchased from Jo-Ann. (Wouldn't you know, I just checked the website and the friggin' fabric is now 40% off? DAMNIT.) It actually ended up being MUCH easier than I imagined! The seams came apart quickly, probably because it was so old and weathered, and after a fast ironing, viola! Template complete! I cut out eight pieces of fabric (two for each of the four cushions) and took the other three cushions apart.


Today I made a template for the two straps that will secure the cushion to the chair, and I also purchased fabric fusible Velcro: I figured that'd be easier than making the straps into ties. I think I might actually be able to sew at least one of them tonight, if not more.

We'll see if I nap when I get home. That'll determine my progress, I guess!