3.09.2012

how bazaar!

No, I didn't spell bazaar wrong. I meant bazaar, not bizarre. How bizarre! See? OK enough.

A little over a week ago, I was completing my random Google searches for the day when I decided to type in phildelphia craft show. To be honest, I wanted to see if Philadelphia had a similar event that was comparable to the show in Baltimore that I attended back in February. One result caught my eye: The Art Star Craft Bazaar that will be held at Penn's Landing here in Philadelphia on May 12th-13th. I checked out the site and was intrigued... local handmade crafts? Live music? Tasty treats?! The opportunity to sell my bags and get m'name out there? Check, check, checkity-check-CHECK. I had to make a decision quickly about whether or not I would try to participate, because the application deadline was looming.
But let's face it. If I sit and contemplate a decision too long, I end up not making a decision. But, by not making a decision, I'm making the decision against whatever I'm contemplating. OH SWEET JEBUS, I'VE GONE AND CONFUSED THE S*** OUTTA MYSELF. I decided to throw caution to the wind and have my impulses make the choice: I completed and submitted my application, and now... I wait for word to see if I'm accepted.

Do I want to participate? Absolutely. And not quite. I'm thrilled to think that I could be one of 140 artists to be chosen. I'm also terrified to think that I could be one of 140 artists to be chosen. I would need to sew bags, literally every other waking moment of my day until May 12th. I would need to get my act together FAST and figure out business logistics. It would be a ton of work. But, it will all be TOTALLY WORTH IT. More importantly, I'm comfortable with whatever decision they come to. Either way, I tried! I can't be disappointed in that!

SO. It all boils down to this.  Did the Art Star Craft Bazaar accept me as a vendor in their 2012 show?
The answer is: Nope.

But that's OK. I'm a little sad.... a little relived. Maybe next year will be different!